Who we are
Welcome to the Yorkshire Ridings Maths Hub, led by Harrogate Grammar School, North Yorkshire. The geographical area we cover is North and West Yorkshire, Humberside and the East Riding.
Among our key, strategic partners are the following:
- University of York
- TSAs: Red Kite Alliance/Riding Forward/Pathfinder/Esk Valley/Northern Lights/Wolds Teaching School Alliance/North Yorkshire Coast Opportunity Area Maths Steering Group
- Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP)
- National STEM Learning Centre, York.
What we are doing
The overarching theme for the Yorkshire Ridings Maths Hub is problem solving and reasoning in mathematics from Early Years to post 16.
Work Groups we run include developing deepening of understanding in EYFS; mastery in the primary sector; mixed age teaching; subject knowledge and skills for teaching assistants; post-16 Core Maths provision; recruiting and training teachers; secondary mathematics teaching for mastery; teaching challenging topics at GCSE, and mathematical thinking at GCSE
We also work closely with the Core Maths Support Programme, supporting schools who are teaching or wish to teach Core Maths, we run the DfE funded Teacher Subject Specialism Training programme and are a Regional Training Centre for the Future Teaching Scholars programme.
To find out more about us and register for updates, please visit our website: www.yorkshireridingsmathshub.co.uk
How to contact us
- Hub Maths Lead - Colin Prestwich
- Hub Senior Lead - David Robson
- Maths Hub Coordinator - Sophie Allin
- Maths Hub Administrator – Isabel Chalmers