Who we are
Welcome to the White Rose Maths Hub, led by Trinity Academy Halifax, an outstanding provider based in north Halifax, West Yorkshire.
The geographical area we aim to cover is Bradford, Calderdale and Kirklees. Due to our unique location, we also support schools in the Leeds area. We work closely with local authorities in these areas to support existing work and promote the opportunities on offer through the hub.
We have over ten strategic partners covering all phases of education. Key strategic partners include:
- The University of Leeds
- Huddersfield University
- North Halifax Grammar School
- Copley Primary School
Since our inception, we have developed a wide range of training, support and free resources, all of which support a teaching for mastery approach. Our free teaching for mastery based schemes of work and assessments are being used by thousands of schools across the UK, you can find out more by clicking here.Connect with your local Hub
What we are doing
As we approach our third birthday, our support continues to grow and expand. Our priority however remains the same: to ensure everyone has a love and passion for maths. We believe that no one is ‘good’ or ‘bad’ at maths. Like speaking, we are all born with an innate ability to enjoy and succeed at maths.
As a hub, we are committed to ensuring all of our work focusses on a teaching for mastery approach. Children who master the basic concepts at a young age are able to grow into skilled mathematicians. As part of this a great deal of our work supports helping teachers to be confident and
knowledgeable in their own practice. Our continued priorities for 2016-17 include:
• Building upon our programme of teaching for mastery support with conferences, training and free schemes of work to ensure staff are skilled and able to use this powerful approach.
• Expanding our range of specialist training, so that staff have the knowledge and tools to introduce and teach crucial topics effectively.
• Boosting maths confidence in teachers – whether they need help with introductory topics or more bespoke specialist training for teaching maths at post-16, our accessible training will help.
• Celebrating how maths is fun! We will continue to help all celebrate the joy of maths, through a range of engaging, funand high-profile opportunities for children and adults
How to contact us
- Hub Maths Lead -Tony Staneff
- Hub Senior Lead -Michael Gosling
- Maths Hub Senior Administrator - Jennie Gregory
- Maths Hub Administrator - Edele Booth
- Maths Hub Administrator - Natasha Mcloughlin
This inbox is regularly monitored and we will ensure a speedy response to all queries.