Who we are
Welcome to the West Yorkshire Maths Hub, led by Trinity Academy Halifax, an outstanding provider based in West Yorkshire.
The geographical area we cover is Leeds, Bradford and Calderdale. We work closely with local authorities in these areas to support existing work and promote the opportunities on offer through the hub. We also collaborate closely with colleagues in neighbouring Maths Hubs, particular Yorkshire Ridings and Yorkshire and the Humber Maths Hubs.
In summer 2017, we changed our name from White Rose Maths Hub, to West Yorkshire Maths Hub.
We have over ten strategic partners covering all phases of education. Key strategic partners include:
- Copley Primary School
- Bradford College
- Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP)
- Teamworks TSA
- Ingrow primary School
- Exceed Teaching School Alliance
- Calderdale Local Authority
- National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM)
- Leeds Local Authority
- Bradford Local Authority
- Frog Education
What we are doing
In everything we do, our priority is ensure everyone has a love and passion for maths. We believe that no one is ‘good’ or ‘bad’ at maths. Like speaking, we are all born with an innate ability to enjoy and succeed at maths.
As a hub, we are committed to ensuring all of our work focuses on a teaching for mastery approach. Children who master the basic concepts at a young age are able to grow into skilled mathematicians. As part of this, a great deal of our work supports helping teachers to be confident and knowledgeable in their own practice.
Why not take a look at what we do, https://wymathshub.co.uk?
How to contact us
- Hub Maths Lead – Tony Staneff
- Hub Senior Lead – Nick Robinson
- Assistant Hub Lead (Primary) – Kate Henshall
- Assistant Hub Lead (Secondary) – Stephanie Kirk
- Assistant Hub Lead (Bradford) – James Procter
- Assistant Hub Lead (Leeds) – Richard Wayman
- Project Manager - Natasha Mcloughlin
This inbox is regularly monitored and we will ensure a speedy response to all queries.