Who we are
Welcome to the South Yorkshire Maths Hub, led by Hallam Teaching School Alliance.
The geographical area we aim to cover is South Yorkshire, focusing mainly on Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield but also including North Derbyshire and North Lincolnshire.
Among our key strategic partners, are the following:
In addition to leading schools and colleges across the region representing all phases
- Barnsley Teaching School Alliance
- Clairvaux Teaching School Alliance
- Escafeld Teaching School Alliance
- Learners First Teaching School Alliance
- Learning Unlimited Teaching School Alliance
- Partners in Learning Teaching School Alliance
- Rotherham School Improvement Service
- Sheffield Teaching School Alliance
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Sheffield
- South Yorkshire Local Authorities
The aims of the hub's activity include:
"A resolute focus on pupil's maths outcomes" and "Determined support for all schools and colleges to improve".
This educator led initiative is based on a principle of "Teachers doing good work together to make a difference to pupils" with a longer term vision to strategically combine the efforts of the Mathematics community in adapting best practice locally and from across the world for the benefit of our children.Connect with your local Hub
What we are doing
There are a number of Work Groups running in 2016-17, full details of which can be found on our local South Yorkshire Maths Hub website - www.symathshub.org.uk
The aspects of development include:
- Development of Teaching for Mastery across all phases.
- Supporting self-development of schools and encouraging professional self-reflection.
- Encouraging regional collaboration, networks and sharing of teaching experiences and resources.
- Exploring innovative teaching strategies and conducting research.
- Promoting positive attitudes towards mathematics and encouraging enhancement and extension opportunities.
The South Yorkshire Maths Hub (SYMH) aims to work with all schools in the region and encourages not just Maths Leaders but all teachers of maths to engage with the opportunities that are made available.
To receive updates and newsletters, please email your name and school email address to Patricia Parish: firstname.lastname@example.org