Who we are
Welcome to the North West Three Maths Hub, led by St Helens Teaching Schools Alliance.
The geographical area we aim to cover is across the North West of England.
Among our key, strategic partners are the following:
- St Mary and St Thomas Primary School, St Helens (Lead School)
- St Thomas of Canterbury Catholic Primary School, St Helens
- Our Lady of Pity Catholic Primary School (Deep Learning TSA), Wirral
- Evelyn Street Primary School (Warrington TSA), Warrington
- Huyton With Roby CE Primary School, Knowsley
- Newfold Primary, Wigan
- Rainford High School, St Helens
- The Heath TSA, Runcorn
- St John Bosco, Liverpool
- Carmel College, St Helens
- City of Liverpool College, Liverpool
- Liverpool Hope University
- Halton LA
- FMSP - Further Maths Support Programme Link Advisor
- CMSP - Core Maths Support Programme Link Advisor
- Tara Loughran, Independent Maths Consultant
- Lyndsay Porter, Secondary Maths Hub Lead
- Sarah McIlroy, Primary Mastery Lead
- Catherine Van Saarloos, Post 16 Maths Hub Lead
- Martin Little, NCETM NW Regional Advisor
What we are doing
Our focus areas include:
- China-England Exchange Project: linked to lesson structure, variation, maths mastery, making connections with a focus on number/calculation in the EYFS/KS1.
- Singapore Text book and lesson structure.
- Maths ITT Training
- Post 16 Widen Participation; with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Developing maths leaders; improving subject knowledge.
- KS2-3 Maths Transition
- The Mastery curriculum- using the best of Shanghai and Singapore methods to teach the new primary curriculum.
- Excellent Maths Teacher Programme
- ECC - Intervention in the Mastery Context
- Developing Mathematical Fluency in the Early Years
How to contact us
- Hub Maths Lead - Lisa Bradshaw
- Hub Senior Lead - Kirsty Haw
- Maths Hub Administrator - Sarah Makin
- Maths Hub Administrator - Debs Ayerst