Who we are
Welcome to the London Thames Maths Hub, led by the Harris Federation.
Members of our strategic board include representatives from:
- Harris Chafford Hundred
- Harris Chobham Academy
- Harris Aspire
- Harris Westminster
- Institute of Education
- Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP)
The geographical area we cover is Croydon, Southwark, Bromley, Lambeth, Haringey and Enfield.
We are now working with the various areas listed. We would also like to hear from you – the members of the maths education community in our area. So, if you would like to join us in our work, contribute ideas, receive support, or just find out what’s happening, please click the button below. This will make you a member of our online forum-style community. [If you are not already registered with the NCETM, you will need to do so here. It is free, quick and easy.]
You can also find more information, and view our current training events and conferences here.
What we are doing
The London Thames Hub aims to support the learning of mathematics by assisting schools and teachers in:
- improving achievement in mathematics
- improving participation rates in mathematics
- improving students’ problem solving ability, and
- developing students’ fluency by increasing conceptual and relational understanding
We will do this by:
- Sharing good practice from the Shanghai Teacher Exchange.
- Providing support for colleagues in response to the new curriculum changes .
- Providing CPD in the implementation of post-16 mathematics; including maths, further maths, and core maths.
- Developing support networks for teachers at all stages of their career.
- Supporting development of subject specialism through a programme of CPD.
- Providing opportunities for teachers to take part in classroom research.
How to contact us
- Maths Hub Senior Lead - Jacqui Lomas
- Maths Hub Lead - Sharon Bolger
- Maths Hub Lead - Gill Leahy
- Maths Hub Administrator - Matthew Bent
You can view the range of training sessions, conferences and events that we are delivering here.
If you would like your email address added to our list, so you can receive updates about our work, click the button below, and complete the short form.Join our mailing list