Who we are
Welcome to the London South East Maths Hub, led by Redriff Primary School and City of London Academy (Southwark)
The geographical region that we are aiming to cover comprises of the 5 boroughs of Southwark, Lewisham, Greenwich, Bexley and Bromley. We also have strong links with other surrounding areas, including the City of London, and will actively look to engage schools in other areas where appropriate.
Some of our key, strategic partners include:
- City of London family of schools
- Southwark Schools Learning Partnership
- St Ursula’s Convent School
- St Thomas More Catholic Comprehensive School
- University of Greenwich
- Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP)
- Mathematics in Education and Industry (MEI).
What we are doing
We are in the process of assembling a group of strategic partners from neighbouring schools, colleges, universities, CPD providers, maths experts and employers and drawing up a plan of work, involving national collaborative and locally-designed projects, for the rest of this school year.
Our focus areas are:
- mastery pedagogy
- developing mathematical reasoning
- improving post-16 participation rates
- new curriculum and transition support across all phases
- subject knowledge enhancement across all phases.
Working with strategic partners, we aim to offer:
- a range of professional development opportunities for teachers and support staff
- leadership development opportunities
- support to improve the recruitment and retention of maths specialist teachers in the area
- opportunities to take part in classroom research
- support networks for staff at all stages of their careers.
How to contact us
If you would like your email address added to our list, so you can receive updates about our work, click the button below, and complete the short form.Join our mailing list