Increasing Participation in Post 16 Mathematics
25 February 2016, 3.45-5pm Langdale Centre, Langdale Gardens, Wallsend.
After our successful 'Maths Moves' event in November, the Great North Maths Hub are looking for schools who are interested in creating a working group that will focus on improving post-16 participation.
- to share the good practice already used in your retrospective schools to promote post 16 participation and the impact this has had;
- discuss possible further actions that the group could lead on
- trial these actions.
- The use of bridging units for students who have chosen Mathematics
- Taster sessions held in school aimed at current Y11
- Materials for 'market stalls' in open evenings
- Finding out current Year 10 intentions