Mastery in Secondary Maths Education
Village Hotel, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside
Mastery in Secondary Maths Education is a brand new project presented by the Great North Maths Hub. This is a development opportunity for colleagues presently teaching mathematics within secondary schools in Northumberland, Tyne, Wear and County Durham and seeking to develop their knowledge of mastery.
The programme will be delivered by Karen Knox, Mathematics Consultant, and accredited professional development lead with the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM).
The programme will be delivered over several sessions as follows:-
- 2 March 2016 : 2.30-5.00pm
- 19 April 2016 : 3.00-5.00pm
- 24 May 2016 : 3.00-5.00pm
Sessions will be held at the Village Hotel, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside. Delegates are required to attend all three sessions and to pre-register.
The programme aims to :
- Develop specialist subject knowledge of teachers of mathematics
- Focus upon teaching and learning styles needed to develop reasoning and problem solving
- Introduce and develop Singapore style of concrete, visual, abstract and mathematical methods
- Develop managing a mastery classroom to ensure progress for all
This opportunity is open to all teachers working with secondary schools in the Northumberland, Tyne, Wear or County Durham areas.
The programme is funded by the Great North Maths Hub and is offered free of charge to eligible parties.
If you would like to register to attend this course, please click here.