Who we are
Welcome to the Bucks, Berks and Oxon Maths Hub, led by Wycombe High School, in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
Our hub covers these areas:
- Buckinghamshire to just north of Aylesbury (Milton Keynes and Buckingham are covered by the Enigma Hub)
- West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead, Bracknell Forest and Slough
- Oxfordshire - including Bicester, Oxford and Wantage (the Banbury area is part of the Enigma Hub and West Oxfordshire is covered by the GLOW Hub).
Many schools on the border of two hubs, sign up to both and attend events and participate in Work Groups which are conveniently situated and are of interest to them. All the hubs are happy with this arrangement, we just want you to get involved!
We are delighted to work with the following partners:
- Oxford Brookes University
- The Mathematical Association
- The Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP)
- Oxfordshire Teaching School Alliance
- Kendrick School, Reading
- Buckinghamshire Learning Trust
- West Berkshire Local Authority
together with an increasing number of primary and secondary schools and colleges across our region.
What we are doing
A priority of our work this year is to engage with more schools in Reading, Oxford and Aylesbury so that we can organise events and base some Work Groups in these areas. If you are one of the schools in these areas we would like to hear from you.
The work of Maths Hubs falls into two broad categories:
National Collaborative Projects, where all hubs work in a common way to address a programme priority area, the projects this year are:
- Teaching for Mastery Specialist Programme (Primary)
- England-China Education Research and Innovation Project (Shanghai Teacher Exchange - Primary)
- Teaching for Mastery Specialist Programme (Secondary)
- CPD Support for Schools Using Mastery Textbooks and Resources (Primary)
- Increasing Participation in Post - 16/Level 3 Mathematics (Secondary)
- Reasoning and Problem Solving
- Leadership Development (Secondary)
- Curriculum, Resources and Qualifications Work Group
Local projects, where hubs work independently on locally-tailored projects to address the programme priorities. These are based on the needs of our local teachers and, in response to requests from our teachers, we are running groups in Maths in EYFS, Maths for SEND students, Reasoning and Problem Solving at KS1/2, Problems Solving at KS4 and a core maths Support Group to name but a few.
Please visit the BBO Maths Hub Website for further details of all our projects and how to get involved.
How to contact us
- Senior Lead - Sharon Cromie
- Hub Maths Lead - Abha Miller
- Hub Senior Lead
- Maths Hub Administrator - Ruth Long
- Maths Hub Administrator - Moira Hulme
- Mastery Lead - Jane Liddle
- Level 3 Lead - Lesley Swarbrick
For all enquiries, please email email@example.com